Monday, August 30, 2010

Time: Spent or Wasted?

This is something most of us already know. It's so easy to spend too much time on one thing and forget about everything else one needs to do at a certain time or another. Such was the case with me this afternoon, as I had some things I planned on doing, like going to the Financial Aid office on campus, then to the library to copy pictures onto a Microsoft Word document, and then to the store to get groceries.

The problem, though, was that I didn't limit my time on the document thing. I ended up searching (extensively!), copying, and pasting photos onto said document most of the time - in other words, about two hours were spent on this.

This afternoon reminds me of the meaning of time, particularly in what we spend it on and in what we do (or choose to do). In addition, doing too much of one thing cannot only be consuming, but overwhelming. (I'm speaking more on the disadvantages, although there are advantages on a whole different story.)

Think about this: What do you spend most of your time doing every day? Every week? How much time do you spend with friends? Family? On the internet? Being active? (I don't have a specific response at the moment, since my summer's been part lazy, part active, and part up-and-down.)

Read my next post, regarding Facebook, for another (sort-of in-depth) example.

No comments:

Post a Comment