Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day One: Last Time for Now (or, "So Far, So Good")

Okay, I know the above alternative title is cliche, but it's fitting.

This morning consisted of waking up at 7:10; I have kind of a habit of snoozing my alarm clock once or twice. I can't remember if the shower or breakfast came first. Anyway, I had a quiet time for about a half-hour/fourty-five minutes. I then went to see a Student Services counselor to revise my VISA accomodations - alternative testing and extended time only. I then startd reading Beckett's "Waiting for Godot," which I'm hoping to get dome before this Saturday. (I'm going to see a production with some colleagues this weekend at APT.) I started work at the PSC again this morning. Tuesday and Thursday mornings, I work as a Room Supervisor, basically in the center and around the food court and Crossing. I have to leave fifteen minutes before noon, so as to be on time for men's choir. (Don't worry, I have approval. Just need to make sure I let my co-workers know.) The next hour was short, since it was kind of introductory as to what the semester will demand. I was able to do my Choral Placement hearing before I left, which went well. Lunch this afternoon consisted of scrambled eggs and a balogna sandwich, plus water. (I'll have to get the milk later.) I haven't decided if I want to get groceries tonight or if I should get them tomorrow. Anyway, my only class (other then men's choir) today was Modern American Drama. We were already given two reading assignments for next Tuesday, but there short plays. Other than that, I'm not worrying too much.

Other than that, I'm planning to audition for my friend Lizzie's cabaret next week, and for "The Importance of Being Earnest" the following. (Gotta get my British dialect ready!)

My consideration for this semester is focusing on one or two weeks at a time. I can't promise that things will go well, but I do have hopes that I can make it through this. I've been in this situation many, many times, but I'm still standing. And so can you.

To my fellow students and classmates, I hope the first week goes well for you all. Keep looking up. Press on. Have a good time. Take care.

Sincerely,
B.E. Kerian

No comments:

Post a Comment