Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life Illustrations: Food Items

I was working the other day and it occured to me: If you're gonna practice what you preach, wouldn't it be interesting if one practiced such things by doing parallel things, like at a job or around the house or what have you.

A few months ago, I started working on a screenplay (which is kind of in limbo currently) involving a grocery store clerk who stocks and organizes food items as part of his job. Actually, it's the part of his job that he finds the most rewarding. Anyway, I have a philosophy that food items in a grocery store should be close to each other when customers see them or look for them. When I organize them - or "face," as we call it - I want to keep the cans close together so that none feel left out.

This may sound ridiculous or giberish to some of you, but, to me, it's an interesting concept of keeping things together. It can also illustrate support or teamwork. It can be just one of many illustrations that helps us understand and value life.

No comments:

Post a Comment