Sunday, October 3, 2010

Article research, search and process: Overwhelming

So far, the two most difficult things about writing an article are 1) Finding a market, and 2) Knowing what to write about (not necessarily in that order). The last 2-3 days, I've been down in the Periodicals section of the campus library one day, and a floor above reading/skimming through the latest addition of "A Writer's Marker," looking mainly at the consumer interest section. So yeah, it's a pretty overwhelming process. As for my current topic, I've been on-and-off with it (I say that a lot, for the record, "on-and-off"). At the moment, it's focused on traditional Disney animation, its history, and its relevance today. Do audiences still have a taste for 2-D? Have they gotten tired of all the 3-D/CGI movies nowadays (not that I'm dissing the medium, it's just there's so much of it nowadays).

It's a matter, on one hand, of going back to my notes and figuring out how to narrow my topic down to make it more local and less broad. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment