Thursday, December 9, 2010

Graduation: Overwhelming, Surreal, Weird (Yet, . . .)

As many of you know, I will be one of several students graduating this weekend. While it is exciting and surreal, it's also confusing, overwhelming, and weird. For one thing, it's happening before classes and Finals are done. And also, it feels like it's ending fast. I've been questioning how this is the way it is and have been wrestling with myself at times about what I'm doing with my time (procrastinating and doing other things besides the work I need to finish - though I'm not doing that entirely, mind you).

However, I need to remember (and we all need to remember, for that matter) that this is another new phase that not just myself but many of us are entering. Part of me is not trying to look at it as the end of something and the beginning of another thing (as commencement is, by definition) but rather a transition into the next chapter or phase in life; a transition with what we've been learning and growing in, the relationships we've been building, and so forth.

I am very fortunate and extremely blessed to be reminded that there are others who care and understand what I'm going through. Thank you all for you prayers and support during this time.

Here's to the class of December 2010!

Sincerely yours,
B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment