Saturday, January 22, 2011

Current topics of interest

I've been researching, watching, and studying animated films (specifically Pixar and Disney, respectfully) for the past few months. About a week ago, however, when I was done working one evening, I was looking at some magazines and came upon one that talked about (according to said magazine) the "100 Greatest Sports Movies." This got me interested in studying the sports film genre next. Some really good, worthwhile sports movies (or, beyond-sports movies, as I like to call them) that come to mind include Rocky (1976), Chariots of Fire (1981), Breaking Away (1979), and so forth. I've also been interested in seeing the movie Hoosiers (1986) again sometime, and have been wanting to see the films Hoop Dreams (1994) and Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), to name a few.

Another topic interest I developed this past week was researching, watching, and studying comedies, in terms of discussing comedies of the past as opposed to the comedies of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment