Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The process/search goes on . . .

I am reminded how impatient and sometimes boring it can get while you're waiting for something to happen. I've mentioned this to several people over the last few weeks, but sometimes, in my opinion, you can't really take any serious steps until you know for sure how something is going to turn out.

I found out this afternoon that I wasn't accepted a job with a non-profit organization in Minnesota this coming fall. This is not to say that I was frustrated or mad with the organization. I am very thankful to have, at least, had the opportunity to be interviewed by and alongside so many wonderful people who are passionate about what they do.

The person who e-mailed me said that they were impressed with how I was and what I brought forth in the interview earlier last month. They also suggested I look into other AmeriCorps services around the country.

On a slightly different note, I spoke with a friend yesterday who reminded me to keep applying and to keep getting myself out there. (She's still searching for jobs, as a matter of fact.) So, it's nice to know, on one hand, that I'm not alone in this, in addition to where the economy is at (as I've been told by friends and relatives).

Basic reminders: Don't be discouraged.

As a friend once told me, "You didn't come this far to quit." I hope this is encouraging for those of you reading this, and for those who are in a similar situation.

Still here,
B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment