Thursday, July 7, 2011

B.E.'s Update (July 7, 2011)

So apparently, I haven't been doing avery good job of posting things on here for a while. I've still been in kind of a limbo state the last few days. I'm still watching movies and writing review notes for each; this afternoon, I went through one of my Microsoft Word documents (featuring notes for original movie reviews) and made some minor updates on said documents. I've also been doing some research on movie theaters and a local auditorium in the tri-state area, but not much in the last few days.

I will say, though, that, a couple weeks ago, I made a list of potential projects I've been working on the last few months, such as ideas for books and screenplays. I'm planning to make a list (and to research) potential publishers to get my work out to and through. But for now, I should concentrate on work that I can submit, such as potential film reviews. (I have a LOT of notes and things to go through!) But as a friend of mine has been saying, keep pursuing and getting yourself out there, and don't just focus on one thing.

I have an interview with a video store in town this weekend, so hopefully something will work out there.

More updates coming soon from yours truly,
B.E.

For extra fun, here is a list of recent film trailers I watched moments ago, and brief thoughts on each of them. (Titles in bold are films on my "Want to See" list.)

Zookeeper (opens this weekend): I don't know. Kevin James and talking animals. Looks like the next live-action "Dr. Doolitle," but in the Adam Sandler territory.

Beats, Rhymes, and Life: The Travels of A Tribe Called Quest (opens this weekend in select cities): Documentary on the influencial hip-hop group A Tribe Called Quest. We'll see.

Project Nim (opens this weekend in select cities): Documentary on 70s story of a chimp who was part of a groundbreaking science experiment to show communication between man and animal. Looks compelling in its illustration of interspecies communication.

Another Earth (opens July 20 in select cities): Story of the discovery of a replica of planet earth in space looks intriguing, thought-provoking, emotional, and mysterious.

War Horse (opens December 28): One of two Steven Spielberg-directed projects (the other being The Adventures of Tintin) coming out this fall, this one looks wonderful in its WWI setting and nostalgic aspects. Should be an amazing family film a la The Black Stallion or Secretariat.

Brave (opens Summer 2012): Pixar's next animated feature looks amazing already. Just watch the trailer!

Captain America (opens July 22): the last superhero/comic-book movie coming out this summer. Hopefully, it's really good. Can't wait.

Life in a Day (opens July 24 in select cities): Documentary consisting of originally-made You Tube videos, submitted by You Tube users, with simple messages and aspects of life and emotions expressed. Now this is my kind of film. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment