Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Thoughts: Update 8/04/2011

I'm still overwhelmed by so many things, some of which include not having a job, not having a car, and feeling like I haven't really gotten anywhere the last several weeks. In addition, I've been overwhelmed by the thought of so many things I could do: I could write, I could act, I could volunteer for non-profit organizations, etc.. This is how I was feeling this past weekend. I've been doing better the last few days, though. I made a list yesterday of suggestions for what to do, in terms of where I'm currently at and what I feel led to do.

As I've mentioned to most of you or as most of you probably know, I've been focusing on writing and have continued developing ideas for books, screenplays (one of which I'm presently working on), and other articles and concepts. I also plan to update numerous movie reviews--rather, write reviews based on notes I've taken the last couple of years. (I know, it's a lot.)

I still have the thought of doing acting as a secondary thing, even though that's what I majored in. I actually will be performing in a one act next month, which will be a 9/11 memorial.

In terms of doing voice work, I've been debating whether I want to look for agents or buy tapes and/or CDs on how to do voice work. I think what I'm going to do for the time being is just make a tape with all the voices and impressions I can do, and save it for future reference.

Lastly, I'm mildly considering reading in libraries, since I still admire certain kids books and like working with kids. Either that, or I can volunteer and/or sign up for opportunities with AmeriCorps.

My prayer in all of this is for diligence, pressing on, and surrendering control. More info coming soon from yours truly.

B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment