Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Significance of Humility

In general, I am a humble person. Some may see that as childish or inactive at times, depending on the situation, but here's the thing: My humility is not an illustration of me in, say, grade school, nor is it an illustration of me as stupid. It is an illustration of my growth and development as a human being - physically, mentally, and spiritually. It doesn't mean that I'm perfect (by no means! If it did, I'd be role playing). Rather, it shows a dependence and a surrender of control to a higher authority. I am gradually learning this more everyday.

Humility and honest are two of the most important qualities in every person's life. Without them, things like favoritism and power can potentially consume us. Here are a few other things to consider:
- "Do not think of yourselves higher than others"
- Remember and understand the essence of ensemble/community and valuing others than yourself. (Hebrews 13:3 is a great biblical example)
- Living like you have the attitude of a student can be benefitial - that is, living as someone who is still learning, including what it means to be mature

Still here (humbly and honestly),
B.E.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great writer! I enjoy reading everything you put on here! Great food for thought, inspiring and motivational for sure.
    <3 Brit

    ReplyDelete