Friday, September 30, 2011

"Dare You To Move"

This morning started off well for me. Every so often, there are days, let alone moments, that sneak up on you and give you a satisfaction and a wholesomeness that just boost your confidence and give you optimism and hope for a new day. The weather was beautiful today. Still a bit chilly and a tad cloudy, but beautiful. The clouds and sunlight today were just transluscent. I decided to take my bike down to work. I also decided to text my mother, father, sister and brother, with a simple "Good morning," "love you," and "miss you." My brother called me back and we talked for a while, which was nice.

Despite my lazy habits, I need to remember to consider my family as much as and even more than the work that I do. After all, they are part of the accountability and support that have brought me to where I am today, so they deserve more than they get.

Anyway, while I started working, Switchfoot's song, "Dare You to Move" was playing on the radio. I thought to myself, "What a perfect time for such a song. And what a great song for anybody." I'll let the lyrics in the following video speak for themselves, and for anybody who needs encouragement today.


Sincerely yours,
B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment