Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Testimony updates: Where am I physically, emotionally, and spiritually?

For me, I'm doing alright physically. I'm doing the best I can to eat healthy and not eat so much junk food (even though I work at McDonald's and still have some sweats every now and then). I quit drinking soda early this year (one less thing), and am, again, challenging myself with limiting and (maybe soon) avoiding fast food. Emotionally, I still have my hardships and challenges. A few weeks ago, I got in a situation one night that brought me back to the things I stuggled with a few years ago, and I realized I need to really work at shielding myself from these "parasites" (as they say in the movie "Fireproof"). My mom and family have been helping me in this process. I'm still working at it and praying about it. Which brings me to my next and last point. Spiritually, I've been praying about surrendering control and letting God's control take over. (Galatians 6:7-8 is a great example.)

In the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that." For now.

(Originally written 11/02/2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment