Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random Thoughts: Today's Evaluation, and Old Habits Still Intact, and Worthy Reminders

As I may have mentioned (or, at least, implied) in my recent post, I still struggle with certain habits and issues, like internet-surfing. I didn't get home until about 10:30 tonight. For a while, I spent time working on a special project, which I stopped at about 11:50pm. I then went on sites like Yahoo! Movies and Plugged In for film reviews, and also to see if the new trailer for "The Dark Knight Rises" was out yet. (Not until tomorrow, with "Sherlock Holmes 2," I guess.) Anyway, I ended up surfing Rotten Tomatoes and other links for the last hour. I watched two videos, one on the topic of "The Spielberg Face" (really interesting), and the other a seven-minute montage of clips from this year's movies. I have to remind myself to be discerning when I end up viewing or examining "entertainment" or "art" or so forth.

On the downside (in a way), I'll only get about six hours of sleep, as I have to be up for my resume meeting on campus at 9 am. I'll be meeting with somebody to talk about suggestions for improving my resumes and how I can feel less stressed about job-searching and progressing. I also have an application for Minnesota Reading Corps I need to finish up, as early registration may be a good sign of getting accepted.

That being said, I need to remember not to limit myself, yet also not to overwhelm myself. It's a hard balance. But is it worth it? Well, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment